Monday, November 2, 2015

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #6


Double click to zoom in for details. 
Hello and welcome!  I'm back with my Week #6 tag.  Today is November 2nd and we are officially on the downward plunge to Christmas....Tag #6 marks the half way point in our 12 Tags Challenge.  If you haven't started to play along, no worries.  There is still plenty of time.  You can complete the tags in any order any time up to the close of the challenge on December 20th.  You can get the full challenge details on the Tag #1 post.

My #6 tag is very simple and vintage-y.  I started, as I always do, with one of my favorite jumbo manila tags that I sell in the shop and stenciled laurels top and bottom with the Wendy Vecchi Stamp It Stencil It For the Holidays set.  Pine Needles DI and a Mini Ink Blending Tool were used for the stenciling.  Next the new text stamp from Wendy Vecchi was stamped in Jet Black Archival ink.  Holly leaves were die cut and stamped in Pine Needles with Wendy Vecchi's Ornate Dots background stamp.  Instead of cleaning the stamp, I spritzed water on it and watched the watery color bubble up.  I grabbed the tag and used the water stamping technique to add another layer to my background.  Instead of making the holly berries the traditional red, I matched the hues in the ribbon by using Victorian Velvet.  They also have a dusting of Clear Rock Candy distress glitter.  The cluster was mounted on a small piece of corrugated cardboard that was edged with Vintage Photo DI and had a bit of White Gesso rubbed on the ridges.  Merry Christmas was stenciled above in Pine Needles.

A stamp from Wendy Vecchi's Holiday Art set was used for the evergreen tree with Pine Needles DI.  Going for a splatter look, I used Picket Fence distress spray stain.

I wanted a little texture along the edges.  I achieved that by applying Ultra Thick Embossing enamel randomly along the edges.  A bit more Vintage Photo DI was blended along the edges and then just a touch of Ground Espresso was applied along the very edge.  To finish it off, I added a laser cut wooden snowflake from Kaisercraft and a polymer clay gingerbread heart tied with a scrap of plaid ribbon.

That's it, folks.  Tag #6 for your inspiration.  I hope you can find something about it that will get your creative juices flowing.  Thanks so much for visiting, for commenting and special thanks for those of you playing along with me this year!









The products below were used to make the above tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holts and Wendy Vecchio products are always 20% below MSRP.




12 comments:

Cec said...

Fabulous tag. Love the primitive/country look you created with the plaid ribbon, gingerbread cookie charm and the wonderful Wendy elements.
Hugs!
Cec

SewPaperPaint said...

Linda, so glad you found time to create this awesome inspiration for us this week, despite your busy schedule! This tag definitely has my creative juices rolling. I love how you've added the UTEE along the edges, I bet it is even more striking in person. I love the vintage plaid ribbon and earthy embellishments. The symmetry is beautiful as well. Thanks for a great new week! :)

rachel said...

gorgeous work as always linda - I love the effects you've achieved - beautiful! Hugs rachel xx

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colours, and the corrugated card is a fab touch! xx

Jane said...

A lovely vintage tag Linda. Great colors and embellies. Thanks for your inspiration x.

Words and Pictures said...

How gorgeous - love the vintage sepia and that fabulous text in the background (so happy that I have that stamp now, thanks to the Funkie Junkie Boutique!). Starting to panic a little - week 6? really? - but still planning to jump on board!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Loving all your inspiring tags Linda, the touch of holly on this is just gorgeous! xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Linda, there were so many details I loved on this tag, had a great time recreating it! :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

So gorgeous it looks

Jane said...

I love the cozy cabin feel of this tag. It reminds me of a winter day around a log fire. Keep the inspiration coming! I'm almost caught up.

Deb said...

Love the colour palette and corrugated cardboard Linda! Linked up the ornament I made that was inspired by your lovely tag, now on to week #7! Deb xo

sarascloset said...

Love the faded layered background and that simple design! What a beauty!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com