Monday, October 15, 2012

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #5


Greetings friends, followers and visitors!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and a special thanks to all of you who have been playing in this challenge.  Your pieces are amazing and I am loving visiting your blogs to see your projects close up!

I was busy all day Sunday working on this tag.  #5 gave me fits.  This is not what I started out to create.  I had this awesome (hump, I thought) idea of doing marbled stains with Aged Mahogany, Picket Fence and my beloved Tarnished Brass metallic stain.  I literally marbled 5 tags trying to get the look that I could see in my mind.  Unfortunately my vision never came to fruition ( but I have to say, I have a lot of red embellishments floating around my desk.  Hopefully I will be able to work them into an upcoming tag or two.)  I finally abandoned the reds and went back to this gentle vintage neutral.  Once I let go of my vision, I was able to move forward.

I dug through some old piano music books and found a book of Christmas carols and photocopied The First Noel and cut it into the shape of my jumbo tags.  I did a bit of emboss resist with some TH snowflake stamps and sponged liberally with Vintage Photo DI.  A script stamp was stamped in Jet Black archival on vanilla CS, which was then glued to chipboard.  When the glue dried, I die cut it with the Vintage Noel die and sponged it with Vintage Photo DI.  I went around the edges with a Versamark pen and embossed with a mixture of gold EP and UTEE.  Using more vanilla CS, I cut a distressed doily, sponged it with VPDI and spritzed it with a mixture of water and Vintage Photo reinker in a mini mister.  The filigree metal is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique, the snowflake is felt.

That's it for Tag #5.  I hope you are inspired to play along this week.  You can play in one, many or all of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  Here are all the challenge "rules", which must be followed to qualify for the prize drawing at the end.










These products used to create this tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutiquh.

16 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

You have no idea what a relief it is to hear that even you struggle to get your ideas into reality! There's hope for us all:) Love the final tag Linda. Completed with your usual finesse and attention to detail. Hugs, Buttons x

Brenda Brown said...

Another beautiful vintage design Linda. I love the felt snowflake on the rosette. Thanks for more fabulous inspiration.
Have a good week.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So elegant and regal! It screams vintage Christmas goodness! I have to have to find time to do these soon!!!!

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

It's very COOL! I want to try doing something like this! Thanks for inspirations!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the soft tones you achieved and the layers of music and text is lovely! I have the perfect little carol book I have been saving to use as my background!

Unknown said...

A gorgeous card!! Love the music background.

shari said...

Linda, another beautiful tag! I just got home from 4 days of camping and my package was waiting for me. Your cards and tag are WONDERFUL!!!! Thanks so much.

Paper Profusion said...

This is sheer vintage beauty Linda. I love its softness. I so hope to get started on a tag tomorrow. I'm way behind! Nicola x

Teresa Kline said...

luv this Linda, I am going to catch up this week for sure...thanks for your fabulous inspiration!

enjoy *~*

Terry said...

Beautiful Linda! I just love this and hope I will find time to join in!!

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious tag Linda... I'm falling behind, but determined to catch up! Relieved to hear I don't need to crack out the Aged Mahogany yet - I find it really scary and messy!!
Alison x

Evelyn S. said...

I'm managing to keep up, Linda, which is a big deal for me! ;-) Love your rich, but soft, tag. It's great inspiration.

Lisa Minckler said...

Another gorgeous tag Linda!

Anonymous said...

You tag certainly turned out fabulous in the end Linda, & really inspiring! I love this one!!!
Alison xx

Hettie said...

This reeks of scrumminess and vintage Christmas! Well done you xx

Hettie said...

Thanks for this Linda. You are a true inspiration for me. xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com